I am a graduate of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State, where I had my Bachelor of Laws (LL B) degree in 1999. I was called to the Nigerian Bar on January, 2001. I had my Masters in Law (LL M) degree at the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, Lagos in 2005. I also have a Master of Philosophy in Law (M.Phil) degree from Obafemi Awolowo Univeristy, Ile- Ife, Osun State in 2012, from where I am also expecting my doctorate (Ph.D) this year. I worked as counsel in a law firm before joining the services of the National Open University of Nigeria in March, 2006 as a lecturer in the then School of Law (now Faculty of Law). I was admissions officer and later examinations officer for the school. I have participated in local and international workshops, seminars and conferences both within and outside Nigeria where I presented papers. My area of specialization is Public Law, specifically constitutional law. I am presently the Head of Department, Public Law Department, Faculty of Law, National Open University of Nigeria.
- Course material development
- Supervision of students project
- Setting of exam questions and TMAs
- Administrative duties
- Resource Control
- Legislative drafting
- Constitutional Law
- “Obi Vs. INEC – Matters Arising”. The Nation Newspaper, Monday 20th & 27th August, 2007, p. 44 & 43 respectively.
- Obayemi, O.T., (2008). “Legal Implications of Amending Legislation”. In J. A. Sokefun (Ed.), Current Issues in Nigerian Law, Vol.1. Lagos: School of Law, NOUN, pp. 206-238.
- Abisoye, O.T., (2013). “Fiscal Federalism in Nigeria’s Constitutional Development”.
- In J. A. Sokefun, & E. O. Ugbejeh (Eds.), Current Issues in Nigerian Law, Vol.3. Lagos: School of Law, NOUN, pp. 1-39.
- Abisoye, O.T., (2014). “Appraising Debates on True Federalism in Nigeria”. In J. A. Sokefun, & E. O. Ugbejeh (Eds.), Current Issues in Nigerian Law, Vol.4, Lagos: School of Law, NOUN, pp. 262-291.
- Abisoye, O.T., (2014). “Immunity Clause in the Nigerian Constitution”. NOUN Journal of Legal Studies, Vol.1, Lagos: School of Law, NOUN, pp. 61-70.
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association, Lagos Branch.