Vivian Ogochukwu Nwaocha is a Senior Lecturer and currently the Head of the Department of Computer Science at the National Open University of Nigeria. She holds a PhD in Computer Science, MSc. in Computer Science, PGD in Computer Engineering and a B.Eng. in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering. She joined the National Open University of Nigeria in 2008, and has served in various capacities within the institution. Vivian coordinates postgraduate programmes in Cyber Security and is a Research Team Leader for Cyber Security at the Africa Centre of Excellence on Technology Enhanced Learning. She has equally coordinated and facilitated several capacity building initiatives on different aspects of Information and Communications Technology at the Digital Bridge Institute and the Enugu State University of Science and Technology.
Her research interests are information security and intelligent systems. She equally has a keen interest in inclusive distance learning through assistive technologies. A good number of research papers authoured by Vivian have been published in various local and international journals. She has equally written a number of books which are accessible online. Vivian has participated in several community development and leadership projects in Nigeria and beyond. She currently serves as the Faculty Representative for Oracle Academy as well as Editor and Reviewer for various international journals and has chaired a number of sessions in conferences. She is a member of Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria, Nigeria Computer Society, Prolearn Academy, elearning Europe and several international professional and scientific associations.
- Coordination of Exam matters as Exam Officer in the Faculty of Sciences
- Coordination of Admission matters as Admission Officer at the Faculty of Sciences
- Coordination of Seminar matters at the Faculty of Sciences
- Coordination of Academic matters at the Directorate of Learner Support Services
- Coordination of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Computer Science and Information Technology
- Coordination of postgraduate programmes in Cyber Security at the Africa Centre of Technology Enhanced Learning (ACETEL)
- Coordination and supervision of projects
- Preparation and supervision of assignments and examination questions
- Course material development
- Research and publication
- Information Security
- Intelligent Systems and
- Inclusive Distance Learning through Assistive Technologies
- Nwaocha, V. O. (2014). Incorporating ICTs in Schools for Effective Education: Challenges and Prospects: ICTs and the Millennium Development Goals. Springer, pp. 127-137.
- Nwaocha, V. O. (2017). Upgrading the Performance of Anomaly-Based Intrusion Detection Systems. Proceedings of the Faculty of Sciences Annual Seminar held at the National Open University of Nigeria, from June, 2017.
- Nwaocha, V. O. (2013) Mobile Learning: Potential Enabler of Open and Distance Learning in Sub-Saharan Africa. PCF - Commonwealth of Learning. Proceedings of the 7th Pan-Commonwealth forum on Open Learning (PCF7), Abuja, Nigeria, 2-6 December, 2013. Retrieved from: http://oasis.col.org/handle/11599/1944
- Nwaocha, V. O. (2012). Building a Viable Solution for Curbing Identity Fraud. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on ICT for Africa, Makarere University, Kampala, Ugamda 21 – 24, March, 2012
- Nwaocha, V. O. (2012). Promoting Biotechnology Education in Nigeria: A Virtual Laboratory approach. Proceedings of the 25th Annual Conference of the Biotechnology Society of Nigeria, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Nwaocha, V. O. (2011). Building a Secure Web Banking Platform. Proceedings of the International Conference on ICT for Africa, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria, from 23-26 Mach, 2011.
- Nwaocha, V. O. (2010) SMS-Based Mobile Learning System: A Veritable Tool for English Language Education in Rural Nigeria Proceedings of IPID Postgraduate Strand at ICTD, London, 13 December 2010. Retrieved from: kau.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:425814/FULLTEXT01
- Nwaocha, V. O. and Inyiama H.C. (2010). “Boosting Students Knowledge by Incorporating an Affective Knowledge into Intelligent Tutoring Systems”. Proceedings of the World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunication (ED-MEDIA-2010), Canada. Retrieved from: https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/35225
- Nwaocha, V.O. and Inyiama H.C. (2010). “Facilitating Intelligent Tutoring Systems Development by Teachers”. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Technology and Teacher Education. (SITE) San Diego, California. Retrieved from: https://www.learntechlib.org/p/33712/
- Nwaocha, V. O. (2008). Using Internet Technologies to Combat Corruption in Public Trust’. Proceedings of the 22nd National Conference on Sustainable National Development (ENCITDEV-2008).
- Nwaocha, V. O. and Inyiama, H.C. (2008). “Open and Distance Learning: A Successful Implementation in Nigeria”. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Open and Distance Learning for Sustainable Development (ACDE).
Visiting Researcher and Lecturer at the Lagos Business School, Pan Atlantic University, Nigeria.