Dr. Oparaduru John Onyemauche hail from Ndiama –Ezeoke Nsu in Ehime- Mbano Local Government Area in Imo State, Nigeria. I was born in the year 1972 December 30th. I am happily married and blessed with three children, two boys and one girl. I am the first son of my parents.
However, I started my educational pursuit from Ndiama Primary School Ezeoke Nsu where I had my First School Leaving Certificate in the year 1984. I also had my Secondary education from Nsu Comprehensive High School Umuanunu where I obtained my SSCE Certificate in the year 1995. Thereafter, I went to University of Lagos Akoka, Lagos from 2003-2007 and got my First Degree BA.Ed in Guidance and Counselling /Igbo with Second Class Upper Division. While I was still running for my first degree, I got a scholarship to run a programme with the Institute of NIIT Surulere Lagos where I acquired High Diploma Certificate in Microsoft Technologies in 2007. I also, proceeded for my Masters Programme with same UNILAG from 2009-2011 and got my M.Ed in Guidance and Counselling with Psychology with Distinction 4.76CGPA. However, without much delay I gained my admission to run for my Doctorate Degree in Guidance and Counselling with same UNILAG and finished in a record time of 3 years i.e 2014-2017 respectively.
While I was training myself, I got employed with Sam Kelechi Nursery and Primary School Lagos as Primary six teacher. After a while, I got another employment with Cubic Private School Lagos where I worked as; Primary six teacher, HOD`S, Head teacher and eventually became the first Pioneer principal of Cubic Royal College Lagos who have produced SSCE students who sat for their exams and passed excellently without any form of malpractice. I also contested election in the Nigerian 2019 General Election for the office of Imo State House of Assembly to represent Ehime-Mbano Constituency. Fortunately, I later secured my employment with National Open University of Nigeria as a Lecturer to actually fulfill my dream in life as an academia and researcher.
I have also attended some educational conferences/seminars. Among them are as follows; The 1st State Conference of Association of Professional Counsellors In Nigeria (APROCON) In University of Lagos (5th – 7th, November 2019.
National Open University of Nigeria, Faculty of Social Sciences. Research Culture Intervention Workshop (9th-10th October, 2019.
APROCON Annual International Conference (July 30th-August 3rd 2019 In Portharcourt)
APROCON Annual International Conference ( 31st July- 4th August, 2018 Abeokuta, Ogun State)
APROCON Annual International Conference ( 2017, Lagos).
LECTURER II - EDUCATION
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE ON GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING (WITH PSYCHOLOGY).
- Observation and Application of all desiring skills and competencies in Practicum I & II respectively.
- Adequate communication skills in the course of therapeutic interventions.
- Creation of an ideal Counselling Environment
- Observation and adherence to the ethics in Counselling
- Ability to prepare very good Counselling Practicum Kits to enhance effective Counselling session
- Administration, Scoring, Analysis, Interpretation and Reporting of Psychological Tests.
- The use of Psychometric Test and Inventories in choosing a career.
- Use of some relevant theories that explain the choice of career in Nigeria.
- Use of various methods of disseminating career Information.
- Establishment of the role of parents in the career choice of their children and subjects combination.
- Ability to use both tests and non-test instruments in solving a desiring client’s problem(s).
- Strategies in handling problems faced by students in Higher Institution in relation to their career choice and possible solutions.
- Planning of Career Time Line
- Adequate planning of career “Day” or “Week” in Institutions of Learning.
- Ability to handle issues as relating to Adolescent and Home Relationships, School Environment, Social Relationship (Sex and Aids Education).
- Ability to give answers to some other common questions which bother the Adolescents.
- Organizing Practical Counselling Aids and Approaches Towards successful Management of Adolescents.
- Provision of Counseling Service in the school and non-school setting.
- Ability to generate general hints on the organization and administration of Guidance and Counselling Services in Schools.
- Ability to keep and maintain the school Counsellors’ Records.
- Ability to conduct Quality Research Works both in Educational and Non-Educational settings and present Report in its logical Methods.
MY FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION AT POST-GRADUATE LEVEL
I have the ability and potentiality in Delivering Lectures/Teachings covering the following Courses and Titles as well as using their knowledge in solving everyday life Challenges. Those Courses are as follows:-
- Abnormal Psychology.
- Vocational Development and Career Information.
- Group Procedures/Dynamics in G&C.
- Guidance &Counselling in Nigeria Education.
- Sex Education & Marital Counselling.
- Research Methods in Education.
- Quantitative Research Methods.
- Testing and Non-Testing Appraisal Technology.
- Theories and Practice in Counselling.
- Practicum in Guidance and Counselling I & II.
- Behaviour Modification.
- Theories of Personality.
- Application of Quantitative Methods in Education.
- Research Projects.
JOB EXPERIENCE ON NETWORK TECHNOLOGIES.
Oparaduru, J. O . Omoegun. O.M. & Okoli.C.E. (2019). Effectiveness of Cognitive
Restructuring and Self-Control on Proneness to Maladaptive Behaviours. Journal of
Professional Counselling. 2(2), 217-225.
Oparaduru, J. O. (2017). Effectiveness of Cognitive Restructuring and Self-Control on
Proneness to Maladaptive Behaviour among Selected Senior Secondary School Student
In Imo State, Nigeria. A Published Ph.D Thesis.< https://ir.unilag.edu.ng>
GRANTS AND AWARDS:
(EDUCATION AWARD RECEIVED)
(COMMUNITY AWARD RECEIVED)