I am Dr Maureen Chukwu, a Ph.D. graduate of University of Lagos. I am Ecologist and I am presently working with National Open University of Nigeria. Scientific research has been part of my career and presently I am the coordinator of Science Laboratories of this noble University. I have taught in science laboratory as a researcher in different capacities even while a graduate assistant.
The interest to always give meaning to research work has enabled me to venture into publication of the various scientific and research work. I have been carrying out individual and collaborative research works on environmental pollution, environmental degradation and environmental friendliness. These researches are in tune with the some problems most countries are facing regarding the environment. The passion to be outstanding in my scientific research was rewarded when the immediate past Vice chancellor of the University wrote me a letter of commendation when a report of my work during my research leave in 2014 caught his attention. I have attended many seminars, conferences and workshops as a facilitator or a presenter of scientific work both in Nigeria and abroad.
The motivation to always go for higher calling and challenges in research work cannot be ignored. The attributes and skills of a professional researcher are in me to make some positive impact in this institution. I am a teacher and a learner, a team leader, good in communication and documentation, able to work without supervision, creative, observant, respectful, resourceful, and a good time manager.
- Envigonmrntal Biology
- Plant Physiology
- Environmental protection
- Envigonmental pollution
- Climate change
- Coastai Erosion
- Chukwu, M. N. (2012). Impact of Cement Dust on Chromolena odorata and Manihot esculenta around a Cement Factory in Nigeria. Continental J. Water, Air and Soil Pollution 3 (2): 31 -36.
- Chukwu, M. N. (2012). Interaction between Croton lobatus L., Emilia sonchifolia L and Spigelia anthelmia L. and two potherbs; Amaranthus hybridis and Celosia argentia at different growth stages. Scientia Africana: An International Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences 11 (2): 93-107.
- Chukwu, M. N. (2013). Germination behavior of Croton lobatus L., Emilia sonchifolia L and Spigelia anthelmia L. Nigerian Journal of Science and Environment 12 (1): 103-108.
- Chukwu, M. N. (2013). A comparison of private and public secondary school biology teachers’ external motivation and job satisfaction. Journal of Educational Foundations (JEF) Volume 3 (1): 37- 445. Chukwu, M. N. (2014). Zero Gas Flaring in Niger Delta Region of Nigeria: A Way to Environmental Sustainability. Scientia Africana: An International Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences 13 (1): 64-71
- Chukwu, M. N. (2014). Enhancing Environmental Friendliness through Mobile Phone Learning. West African Journal of Open and Flexible Learning (WAJOFEL) Volume 3 (2): 21-28
- Chukwu, M. N. and Edwards, A. W. A. (2014). Effect of Cement Dust on Photosynthesis of Manihot esculenta (Cassava) grown around La Farge Cement, Ewekoro, Nigeria. Research and Reviews: Journal of Ecology and Environmental Sciences 3 (4): 2-26
- Chukwu, M. N. (2014). A Study on Gender involvement in Environmental Protection in Pedro Village, Lagos. Academic Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies 3 (7): 20-24)
- Chukwu, M. N. (2014). Impact of Flooding on Fishermen’s families in Pedro Community, Iwaya-Lagos, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Science and Environmental Management 18 (4): 647-651.
- Chukwu, M. N. and Akinola, M. O. (2014). Effects of Habitats and Soil types on germination and establishment of Croton lobatus L., Emilia sonchifolia L and Spigelia anthelmia L. Nigerian Journal of Science and Environment 13 (1): 116-121.
- Chukwu, M. N. (2015). The Role of Open and Distance learning in Gender Environmental protection.NOUN Journal of Management and InternationalDevelopment. 3 (3):52-64.
- Chukwu, M. N. and Adams, E. A. (2016). Effect of Generator (Exhaust) Fumes on the Growth and Development of Lycopersicum esculentus (Tomato). Journal of Applied Science and Environmental Management 20 (2): 335-340.
- Chukwu, M. N. (2016). Effect of diesel fuel contaminated soil on Germination and growth Zea mays (Maize). Journal of Forestry, Environment and Sustainable Development 2 (2): 107-112.
- Chukwu, M. N. and Ubosi, N. I. (2016). Impact of Cement dust pollution on Respiratory systems of La Farge Cement workers, Ewekoro, Ogun State, Nigeria. Global Journal of Pure and Aplied Sciences 22: 1-5.
- Chukwu, M. N. (2017). Interactive effects of Croton lobatus L., Emilia sonchifolia L., and Spigelia anthelmia L. on Zea mays L. in Lagos. University of Osun Journal of Science .
- Chukwu, M .N. (2017). Impact of Coastal Erosion on Alpha Beacch community in Lagos, Nigeria. Journal of Forestry, Environment and Sustainable Development. 1 (1)
- Chukwu, M. N. and Kadafur, S. J. (2017). Environmental Education as a tool for Sustainable Development: Case study of Lekki-Lagos, Nigerian Journal of Environmental Science and Technology.
- Chukwu, M. N. (2012). Drilling Mud Wastes Management in Nigerian Oil Industry: The Role of Biotechnology. Proceedings of the 25th Annual Conference of the Biotechnology Society of Nigeria; 77-81 (339 pp)