Dr( Mrs) Ayodele Omoyiola Fagbemi, is currently an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Management Sciences, Department of Administration, of the National Open University of Nigeria. Dr Fagbemi holds a B.Sc (Hons) in Social Sciences from the University of Ife,Ile Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) in 1972. She has a Master of Business Administration in 1974 and a Ph.D in Business Administration in 1989, both from the University of Lagos, Nigeria. After a short spell at the private sector, she started her career in the Federal public service at the Administrative Saff College of Nigeria Topo- Badagry where she retired as a Director of Studies, Human Resources Department. In 1996/1997, she worked as a Principal Lecturer at the Human Resources Development Division of the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA). From 2000 to 2004, she was seconded to the Ethiopian Civil Service College as an Associate Professor of Management. Dr Fagbemi worked extensively on Women and Development programmes at the Administrative Staff College of Nigeria, the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration and the Ethiopian civil service College where she assisted in starting the Women in Management Division. She was also a consultant to many International Organizations including UNFPA, UNIFEM, Commonwealth Secretariat and Commonwealth Broadcasting Association.
- Setting of TMAs, Examination and Marking of Examination Scripts
- Chairperson, Editorial Board of NOUN Journal of Management and International Development and Book of Readings
- Coordinator of the Post Graduate Diploma in Management Programme
- Student Project Supervision
- Public service management
- Gender and development
- Performance management
- Project Management
- Ogundele O.J.K & Fagbemi, A.O. (2014) Light of Management. Lagos Concept Publications
- Fagbemi, A.O.(2006). Customer service delivery in the public sector. Lagos. Concept Publications Limited.
- Fagbemi, A.O.(2000) Performance management: case studies of Management Development Institutes. Topo- Badagry Administrative Staff College of Nigeria
- Yahaya A.D& Fagbemi, A.O.(1999) Proceedings of 25th anniversary celebrations and national conference. Topo- Badagry .Administrative Staff College of Nigeria.
- Fagbemi, A.O (2008) . Theory and practice of public administration and civil service reforms in Nigeria by Tunji Olaopa, Knowledge review: A multidisciplinary journal. Volume 18, No 2 April, 25-27.
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Fagbemi, A.O.(2014). Improving organizational performance through Total Quality Management in Maduabum, P.C (2014).Contemporary issues on management in organizations: A book of Readings. Lagos. Spectrum
- Fagbemi, A.O.(2014). An overview of Organizing Function. In Ogundele O.J.K. & Fagbemi, A.O. Light of Management. Lagos. Concept Publications.
- Fagbemi, A.O(1999: 49-57). Issues in institutional and human capacity Building in the civil service. in Yahaya, A.D. and Fagbemi, A.O. Proceedings of 25th anniversary celebrations and national conference. Topo-Badagry. Administrative Staff College of Nigeria.
- Fagbemi, A.O(1990). Evaluation of training in Yahaya, A.D. and Akinyele, C.I. New trends in Personnel Management. Topo- Badagry. Administrative Staff College of Nigeria.
PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES IN NIGERIAN JOURNALS
- Fagbemi, A.O. & Olowokudejo, F.F (2014) Customer relationship management as a correlate of organizational performance in Nigerian Banks. NOUN Journal of Management and International Development. Volume 2 Number 1 April.pp.14-38
- Fagbemi, A.O. Management of Public Service(2012). Lagos. National Open University of Nigeria
- Fagbemi, A.O. Introduction to Public Service( 2011). Lagos. National Open University of Nigeria
- Fagbemi,A.O.and Adepoju G.(2010). The challenges of the Nigerian Public Service in the Achievement of the Millennium Development Goals and Vision 20: 2020.The Nigerian Administrator: Journal of the Chartered Institute of Local Government and Public Administration of Nigeria .Vol 2 No 1 January- June, pp: 51-65
- Fagbemi, A.O. & Hassan A .R (2009:). Effectiveness of women managers in organizations: challenges and prospects. ASCON Journal of Management. Vol 30, Numbers 1-2.April/October.
- Fagbemi,A.O(2007). Meeting the Challenges of Customer Relations/Redress Mechanism in the Nigerian Public Service. Public Relations Advertising and Marketing Journal. Vol.II, No 2, pp, 6-13 .
- Fagbemi,A.O(1998). Women in management: A new orientation. Quarterly Review of Politics, Economics & Society. October -December,Vol.2,No. 6, pp.61-66.
- Fagbemi A.O.(1999). Cases on women in management Occasional paper 27. Topo- Badagry. Administrative Staff College of Nigeria.
- Fagbemi, A.O.(1993). Rating bias: the effects of personality of raters on performance ratings in the Nigerian public service. ASCON Journal of Managment vol 12, Nos 1&2,pp.1-17.
- Fagbemi, A.O.(1992). Management by objectives. Occasional paper 10. Topo- Badagry. Administrative Staff College of Nigeria.
- Fagbemi,A.O.(1992). Women in the 1992 budget. Management in Nigeria, January/February, Vol.28, No. 1,pp. 18-20.
- Fagbemi, A.O(1990). Can extrinsic variables motivate? A case study of the Nigerian public service. Topo- Badagry. ASCON Journal of Management. Vol.9, no 1, pp.40-54.
- Fagbemi, A.O(1986). The need hierarchy concept and motivation of workers in a Nigerian higher institution of learning. ASCON Journal of Management. Vol. 5, No.2, pp. 1-3.
- Fagbemi, A.O. (1986). A comparative analysis of job satisfaction in two office environments ASCON Journal of Management, Vol. 5, No.1, pp.43- 51. Articles in International Journals
- Fagbemi, A.O. (2015). Strategic human resources management for sustainable development. International Journal of Management, IT and Engineering. Volume 5, Issue 11. pp.147-162
- Fagbemi, A.O(2014) Sustainable human capacity development in an era of economic recession: Challenges and prospects. Prabanhan: Indian Journal of Management. Volume7, Number 2.pp.16-26
- Fagbemi. A.O. and Abata, M.A (2013). Effects of organization performance on share price: an empirical study of the performing manufacturing companies listed on Nigeria stock exchange. Scottish Journal of Arts, Social Sciences and Scientific Studies. Volume 7, Issue II January, pp. 15-25
- Fagbemi. A.O. and Olowokudejo, F.F. (2013: 120-141). Complaints management: A tool to improve organizational performance in Nigerian banks and insurance companies. International Journal of Emerging Knowledge 1(8).
- Fagbemi. A.O. and Olowokudejo, F.F. (2011), A Comparison of the Customer Relationship Management Strategies of Nigerian banks and Insurance Companies. International Journal of Management and Business Research. Islamic Azad University. Iran.pp 161-170
- Hassan, A.R. Ogundele O.J.K and Fagbemi, A.O.(2011: ). Inhibitive factors facing women managers: A survey in Lagos. Nigeria. International Academy of African Business & Development. Proceedings of peer reviewed papers presented at the IAABD, 12TH international conference. Athabasca University, Edmonton. Canada. May 17-20, 2011.
- Fagbemi, A.O (2007).Impacts of results of government programmes on individuals, customers, institutions and national development in Nigeria, Morocco. Africa Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development (CAFRAD).
- Fagbemi,A.O.(2002). A pragmatic model of women's participation in public policy development. The Working Paper Series of Faculty of Business and Economics. (Vol.1,No 2.July:51-73). Addis –Ababa. Ethiopia Civil Service College.
- Fagbemi, A.O.(1996). Determinants of Female Managerial Leadership Effectiveness in an African Context . Greenhill Journal of Administration .Vol.10, pp.43-60).
- Fagbemi, A.O (1990).Management by objectives. COMBROAD A Quarterly Journal.(December, pp 24-26). London. Commonwealth Broadcasting Association.
- External Examiner to the National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies
- External Examiner to University of Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
MEMBERSHIP OF EDITORIAL BOARDS
- Editor, ASCON Journal of Management.
- Editor, Editor Working Papers Series of Faculty of Business and Economics. Ethiopian Civil Service College
- Editor, Journal of Administration( Department of Public Administration, Lagos State , Ojo.
- Editor, Journal of Management and International Development of the Faculty of Management Sciences, National Open University of Nigeria.
- Associate Editor West African Journal of Open and Flexible Learning (WAJOFEL)