Dr. Bassey Edwin Okpa is a senior lecturer - Educational Foundations-Educational Psychology unit of the Faculty of education. He holds B.Sc. Education / Political Science, MPA. Public Administration, M.Ed and Ph.D in Educational Psychology from Universities of Uyo and Calabar respectively. He has taught in Cross River University of technology and lastly in the Cross River State College of Education Akamkpa where he was a chief lecturer before transferring his service to National Open University of Nigeria in 2017, he is presently the director of Ikom Community Study Centre, National Open University of Nigeria.
Senior lecturer - Director
Bassey, E.O (2001) Citizenship Education and the Sustenance of Democracy in the 4th Republic.
Journal of Educational Issues. Vol. 3 pp 180-191
Effiom, D. O., Bassey, E. O. Iyaji, T. O.& Ethohi, K. E. (2006) Religiosity of Home
and Behaviour pattern of Secondary School Students in Calabar. Journal of Nigerian
Society for Educational Psychologists. Vol. 5 pp 134-139
Bessong, F., Ekpo, K., Bassey, E., &Osam, O. (2007) Administrative competencies of
Provosts of colleges of Education. Journal of Educational Research. Vol.6 1&2 pp 22-25
Bassey, E, O ,Bessong, F E & Peters, J (2008) Problems and Needed Directions in Innovating
the Nigerian Technology Educational System. Multidisciplinary Journal of Research
Development. No.2 pp 88-110.
Bassey. O.& Osam, O. (2008) Assessing the Guidance and counseling Curriculum of some
Colleges of Education in Nigeria. The Calabar Counsellor Vol. 2 No
Osam,O, Bassey, E & Ekpo , E (2009) The need for Research and Statistics in the Development
Of Teacher Education in Nigeria. Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies.Vol. 2 pp 132-137.
Bassey E. O., Bessong, F. E., Onete, U. O., Etim C. &Achigbe M. O (2010) Investigation into the forces behind examination Malpractices in Nigeria; A Challenge for secondary schools Education in the New Millennium. Journal of Educational Assessment in Africa. Vol. 4 pp 132-137
Oyira, E. J. Akon, N., Bassey E. O. &Antigha, E.A. (2012) Knowledge, Attitude and Practices
of contraception Among undergraduate Students of University of Calabar. International
Journal of Research and sustainable Development Vol.4pp 96-10
Bassey , E.O, Ogar,M ,N.& Enuwah, E (2012) Motivation of Students-Teachers and their
Utilization of instructional media in Cross River University of Technology, Calabar.
Journal of Nigerian Society for Educational Psychologists.Vol. 10 (1) pp199-206.
Achigbe, M, O &. Bassey, E, O (2012) The Effect of Administration of Senior Secondary
School Certificate Examination conducted by WAEC& NECO on the integrity of
the Examinations in Nigeria. Journal of Educational assessment in Africa vol. 7 pp77-
Achigbe, M. O & Bassey, E. O (2012) The Effects of Warm and Varying Individualized Teacher
Attention (VITA) Classroom on Students Achievement. (A case study of Education
Diploma Students of the Institute of Education, University of Calabar. Journal of
AFTRA, VOL. 1 PP87-99.
Ushie,J., Onete,O, Bassey, E and Ndifon,O (2013) Teachers’ Classroom Communication
Behaviour as a Tool towards improving pupils self concept and classroom discipline.
Journal of the Nigerian Society for Educational psychologists.Vol.11, pp315-326.
Bassey. E, Bessong, F& Peters J. (2015) Relationship between Adolescents’ Problems
Behaviour and their Academic achievements. A case study of Adolescents from
different Family Structures in Cross River State. . Journal of Open Learning And
Teacher Education .
BasseyE. O. Bichene O. A. &Edim A.O. (2015) Psychological factors and Secondary school
Students’ restiveness in Cross River State. Journal of the Nigerian Society for
Educational psychologists .vol. 13 pp. 286-296
Bassey, E., Achigbe, M. & Otu ,D. (2016) Correlates of Examination Irregularities in Tertiary
Institutions in Cross River State.International Journal of Research in Basic and
Lifelong Education.Vol.5 (1&2) pp.173-180.
Oyira, E, & .Baseey, E. (2016) psychological problems of Hospitalized patients in University of Calabar Teaching Hospitals.Calabar- Nigeria industrial Journal of Advancement in Biological science: Vol. 6 No. 1
Bassey E. O. (2018) HIV/AIDS Awareness and adolescent students involvement in sexual
Relationship in secondary Schools in Cross River State; The rural- urban narrative. Journal of Contemporary Educational Research Vol. 1 (3) pp 10-22
Amede L and Bassey E. O (2018) Effects of Teachers involvement in Academic Performance of
Students in Nigeria. Journal of Educational Foundations and Development Vol. 7 pp 83-
Obi- Abang, B. Ajayi, D,& Bassey, E .(,2018) Influence of ICT on Adolescents behaviour problems in Akamkpa. Journal of the Nigerian Society for educational psychologists. pp 55-6
Bassey, E ,Otu, B & .Achigbe J. (2018) Test Anxiety and Students academic achievement of secondary schools in Ikom Education zone of Cross River State. A book of reading of Nigerian Society for Educational psychologists.
Bassey, E. (2018) The fledgling Democracy and Counselling implications. Journal of Education
and Applied Psychology.8(8)155 -161.
Ndifon, O.and Bassey,E (2018) Nigeria Home Grown School Feeding programme and the
Performance of Early Childhood Care Education for Sustainable Development.
International Journal of progressive and Alternative Education. Vol,5 pp.30-41
Bassey, E & Ndifon, O (2018) Toys and Early Childhood Care Education children Language
Development for National Integration. Academic Scholarship Journal, Vol. 15(1) pp 236- 245
Bassey, E. & Otu D. (2019). Mentorship in terms of Psychological Support and Teachers Job Performance in Public Secondary School in Cross River State. West African Journal of Open and Flexible Learning. Vol.6 (2).
Edwin O.B & Eni, I E (2019). Achieving Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 through Effective Motivation of Teachers in Ikom L.G.A, Cross River State, Nigeria. NOUN Journal of Education. Vol5 pp372 – 378.
1. 29th annual conference of the counselling Association of Nigeria held between 16th-19th Aug. 2005 at University of Calabar,Calabar.
2. 6th National Conference of the Nigerian Society for Education Psychologists held in University of Agriculture Makurdi between 7th - 15th October 2006.
3. 27th Annual Conference of the Association of Educational Assessment in Africa held in Yaounde, Cameroon between 24th - 28th August 2009.
4. 8th national Conference of Nigerian Society for education psychologist held between 6th to 10th November 2008 in Uthman Dan Fodio University Sokoto.
5. 11th national Conference of Nigerian Society for educational psychologist held at Benue State University Makurdi between 3rd - 7th October 2011.
6. 30th Association for Educational Assessment Annual Conference held in Gaborone Botswana between 6th - 10th August, 2012.
7. National mathematical capacity building workshop on computing statistical packages for Test/measurement teachers held at National Mathematics Centre Abuja between 16th -20th, Sept. 2013.
8. 14th Annual National Conference of Nigerian Society for educational psychologists held at the National Institute for Education Planning And Administration Ondo between 8th - 11th October 2014.
9. The 32nd Association for Educational Assessment in Africa conference held in Livingstone, Zambia between 11th - 15th August 2014.
10. 4th academic conference of COEASU South-South held at Isaac Boro COE Sagbana between 14th - 18th April 2015.
11. 3rd annual conference of the Institute of Education, University of Calabar, held University of Calabar at October 21st-24th 2015.
12. 16th annual national Conference of the NISEP held at Imo State University owerri between 25th - 29th October 2016.
13. First annual International conference of faculty of education Alex ekwueme federal University held between 23rd – 26th April 2018.
14. 17th annual national Conference of national Association for research and development held at Agbor between10th - 14th September 2018.
15. 4th International Conference of the African Graduate School of Management and leadership held at African Graduate School of Management and leadership Accra Ghana between11th – 15th June 2018.
16. 1st international Conference of the Faculty of Education, NOUN held at University Village-NOUN between Sept. 23rd – 27th 2019.
17. The 13th Annual Conference of Association for Education Assessment in Africa, held in Abuja between 5th – 9th August, 2019.